Tuesday, November 4, 2014

UE4 lab computer

UE4 has put me in somewhat of a quandary, as we are able to use any version of UE4 we desire people are downloading a variety of versions onto the uni labs. while this make it convenient to avoid the large bug in 4.4. it means I am forced to jump from one version to another as people have deleted older version!

Luckily to bypass this I have exported the blockout as a single mesh and am now working in 4.5. I will continue this method as its making me more flexible as to where in the labs I work (unlike some who are confined to a handful of P.Cs or to download their version again and again) and giving me a additional backup which cannot fall privy to the major bugs so many have suffered from this week (in our class and in the second years RTE assignments) which corrupts every UE4 related file , backup and the software itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment